Monday, March 30, 2009

Namhae Island

Well howdy folks!!! I'm starting transfer number 5 in Korea (I've been in country for about 5 1/2 months). My new companion is named Elder "E Tay Hee"....or Elder "Lee" if you want. He's a Korean from Seoul who has about 3 months left in his mission. I was expecting a "younger" senior, but things change. He's a cool guy and I think we're going to have a lot of fun. This will be my second transfer in Samcheonpo, and I'm so excited!

On Sunday, the Branch President took my companion and me out on a drive to the island Namhae (where he lives). We drove over the "most beautiful bridge in Korea" and saw AMAZING views. It was sooooooo awesome! The island is huge. There used to be a Branch out there, but it was closed down and combined w/ our current Sacheon Branch. We looked out over a bay and saw a city in the neighboring Taejon mission. It is so strange for us, it's like a different country over there because we're never allowed to go outside of our own mission area.

We're working w/ a girl investigator (Lee Meen Gyung) to follow the Word of Wisdom and give up drinking. We're also excited because another investigator (young man: Gwak Chae Hyun) says he wants to be baptized "whenever".

We will be able to see General Conference in two weeks up at the Stake Center (hopefully in English!) and in a few weeks we'll be going to Pusan for another joint Zone Conference. The Asia North doctor will be coming in to talk about health and meet w/ anyone who needs help.

As for North Korea, we've heard nothing new. The seasons are changing, spring is upon us here in Korea, and the cherry blossoms are out! We'll probably be going to Chinhae for a huge cherry blossom festival, where we get to see tons of trees covered in the beautiful whitish pinkish flowers. Amazing.

I love you all! Korea rocks and the Church is true!!!!!!!!!! Elder Bocchino

No comments: