Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ulsan District Conference

Another week gone - time is flying.

Oh, a bit of sad news. Korea was eliminated from the World Cup. The whole nation was pretty bent out of shape about it. The US also lost. :( and so did England. So I have NO ONE to root for.

Bangojin is great! We had the Ulsan District Conference last Sunday and President Jennings came, along with Elder Ringwood of the Quorum of the Seventy. Elder Ringwood was in North Korea last week overseeing the Church's donation of over 1,000 apple trees there, and then he swung down here for a few missionary meetings and the District Conference. He had served as the Seoul West Mission President a few years ago, so he was able to speak to the church members in Korean. Some good experiences at those meetings! At the missionary meeting we talked a lot about discouragement and miracles that we don't see. Basically how to deal with rejection and also with not seeing the fruits of our labors. Sad, but true.

On P-day, we went to a cave outside of the city. It was pretty touristy, but it was pretty cold inside (good activity on a hot and humid day). There was also an ice cave that we visited. Pretty fun all in all. Seeing all the foggy, green hills and rice fields reminded me that I'm gonna miss Korea when I leave. I leave in 15 days by the way.

This next week will be spent trying to meet people for the last time, and spend time with some families that I've grown close to. Next week I should be able to go back to Gyeongju and see some friends. Hopefully I can help someone get closer to Christ before I end my mission. It's been an incredible experience.

The gospel is true!

Love, Elder Bocchino

No comments: