Monday, December 8, 2008

SNOW!

It snowed here the other day! Rare for Busan. Not much but it was really fun.


Jung Sung Ook, a recent convert, received the priesthood this week. He's so excited to serve and live the gospel, it's a real testimony builder to spend time with him and see how he's changing his life. He is preparing for an all-english interview in his international trade class, so we were able to help him and his friends with that. He's hoping to bring them to our ward's english class this week.

I went on splits to our neighboring area "Haeundae". It is the nicest area in Korea and is full of high-rise apartments and affluent residents. A lot of people speak english there. It was a really fun split.

I was chatting with a friend in our ward and asked him about his military service. He served in a special army unit on the Korean DMZ. The Koreans seem to have a competent military and are very proud of their required military service. He also talked about a movie called "JSA: Joint Security Area". It's a famous Korean movie about the DMZ. I had watched it a few years ago and really liked it, even though I didn't really understand it.

I've been reading some of the talks given at General Conference recently. The theme of this past Conference seemed to be enduring hard times and looking forward to a bright future. I know that as we center our faith on the Savior, Jesus Christ, we can endure our hard times and live to see brighter days. This message helps me during hard times on my mission.

I have to go. Take care! Love, Elder Bocchino

No comments: